STEPS TO ADMISSION
Our admissions process helps us to best serve your family as well as our school's vision and community. Our school has a vision for developing conservative leaders who will influence the world throughout their life. Please read this page carefully to understand your part in the admission process. Previous school behavior issues are an automatic denial of admission.
1. Visit our website, take a tour, and schedule student observation days to learn more about learner driven classical education. No other system of education has the track record of success that classical education does, but it makes you rethink what you know about education. We encourage you to do your homework and make sure an academically focused school is a good fit.
2. Research Classical Learner Centered Education. This information will help guide you in understanding our bible based foundation. Please be prepared to ask any questions you may have during the parent interview.
3. Complete your application and pay your application fees online.
4. Schedule your student for testing and interview. New students are tested to determine their academic and behavioral preparation for Privested Academy. No specific score is required. Rather, we judge the general preparation of the student in core subjects like math, reading, and writing. All incoming students are required to take the IXL for gap testing and/or the TSIA for admissions testing.
5. Students are assessed based upon:
a . Admission test results
b. Student attitude and behavior
c. For older students, their contribution to our school community each year we successfully
admit many students from many different school backgrounds.
6. Attend a parent interview. All parents or guardians are interviewed by an administrator at our school. This helps us to assess new applicants based on om school's mission and culture.
7. Families are assessed based upon:
a. Family support
b. A family faith that aligns with our statement of faith
c. A basic understanding of classical conservative education
8. Acceptance and admittance.
Completed applications will be processed first on the family and student fit as determined by Admissions Committee. Applications received without a paid application fee will not be considered. Students will be accepted based on the information collected above. Acceptance means that we believe that we can serve your family and there is a fit within our community. In classes that are full, students who are accepted are then wait-listed until we have room to admit them. A student is admitted only when we have a seat for them in a classroom. No further money is required until a student is admitted.
A note on our waitlists: We do not assign a ranking to our waitlists. Once a list is ranked, students are generally admitted in the order of their rank. However, several factors can result in the list being re-ordered. For example, the enrollment of current families with siblings in older grades, holding back a student into a grade, or the employment of a new teacher with a student in a full grade can result in the list being re-ordered.
We will remain dedicated to our microschools mission and only take 3-5 students per class. We are an academically focused school and our students are prepared for real world careers and/or college.
*Do not apply if your student has been expelled/discliplined for theft, drugs, alcohol, violence, insubordination, classroom disruptions, or truancy.